2010 Year in Review
It’s nearly the end of the year, time for resolutions, new beginnings and looking back. We at EcoShredding have been looking back at what we’ve accomplished in 2010 and would like to share this with you.
- Peg became VP of BNI.
- Travis became treasurer of PNRG (Professional Network Referral Group), became the Networking chair for the Johns Creek Young Professionals and graduated from Shred School in Spartanburg, SC.
This Year’s Shredding Events
- 4th Annual City of Alpharetta Shredding event – This is the first time we incorporated a food drive. 6,900 lbs. were recycled, and 500 cans were donated to NFCC.
- Shredding Event benefiting the Georgia Ovarian Cancer Alliance – Ecycle provided electronics recycling and ICM provided free insurance quotes on the spot. More than $400 went to the GOCA.
- 3rd Annual Shallowford Presbyterian Church Event – Proceeds benefit the Youth Choir trip to Scotland in 2011. $500 was donated to the trip.
- Northview High School Event – Proceeds benefit the School Magazine and Band. $200+ was raised.
- Johns Creek High School Event – Proceeds benefit the HS Band. $200+ was raised.
- We recycled 250,000+ lbs of shredded paper which in turn saved:
– 2,125 small trees
– 375 cubic yards of landfill space
– 875,000 gallons of water
- Reached and Exceeded our goal of growth for 2010.
- Developed a Social Media Strategy incorporating Facebook, Twitter and this blog.
- Created a video, which is posted on our Website and YouTube.