Eco Shredding Blog
Your cell phone and your tablet hold a treasure trove of personal information that a stranger can use to commit fraud. Protect yourself using these tips.
- Always require a password, a fingerprint scan, or facial recognition to open the lock screen on your smartphone.
- Install your financial institution’s mobile banking app on your tablet or smartphone to link directly to your bank’s computers and security system. It’s generally more secure than going to the website.
- Say “NO” to automatic logins to prevent someone from accessing your financial accounts if your device is stolen.
- Never log in to your account at a Wi-Fi hotspot or use public Wi-Fi to access financial accounts.
- Limit the public information you share on social networking sites. Identity thieves look for personal details to help them answer security questions to gain access to your accounts.